Thursday, July 30, 2009

First day in Lewiston

We were all out of bed by 8am. After breakfast the kids & I changed our clothes & headed to the trail behind the house. It goes to the lake at the bottom of the hill. We walked along the lake to another trail that leads uphill to my sister-in-laws cabin. We walked passed the cabin down another trail that leads to Oak Lake. Oak Lake is a nice quiet lake with a few cabins & a nice private beach which we have access to. Since it was only about 9:30am I didn't expect the kids would have wanted to go swimming since it wasn't very warm & we didn't have our suits on. As soon as the dog saw the water he ran right in & of course the kids wanted to get wet too. The boys took their shoes & socks off to wade in the water while I rolled Gen's jeans up. By the time Gen made it in the water the boys were up to their waists in the water so now Gen wanted her jeans rolled up further. That was going to be impossible so, what the heck, it was 9:30 & no one else was here so I told the boys to just take off their shirts & I let Gen take off her jeans & jump in too. For a good 45 minutes the kids jumped around & played in the water with the dog. They were having so much fun & had me laughing so hard. I just love how something like jumping in the water with their clothes on made them so happy! Unfortunately the battery on my camera died before I could even get one picture. I was able to use the camera on my phone but I'm not sure how to upload them to the blog yet. The kids got tired & it was time for the long walk back to the house. One problem though, Gen's jeans were so wet I could not get them back on her! Through the woods we went, Gen - without pants! She didn't seem to care one bit. She just treked along picking up rocks along the way for her rock pile she started the last time we were here. To be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! That's very funny. Good for Gen. That sounds like sssooooooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete