Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another Blog already.....






I decided to make a blog where I can talk about my family. The members of my family are Bob (husband), Joey (oldest, 11), Bobby (middle, 8), and Genesis (littlest, 5). We live in the wonderful state of Michigan and like everyone else in the state are trying to stay afloat right now.




I work/volunteer for an organization called Teacher's Pet. To learn more about Teacher's Pet please visit my other blog at http://lmrabine.blogspot.com/. I am currently teaching a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometime around September of this year we'll be adding Monday's and Tuesdays. During the summer we are doing two camps for kids called Kamp K9. It is for kids ages 10 and up. They learn about all kinds of animals, mostly dogs and we bring in several dogs from a rescue. The kids work on training the dogs and get them ready for adoption. This is a really fun camp! The kids are welcome to come back the following summer for a second session where they learn much more. Once they are 15 the kids can come back as a Junior Counselor. We also have Junior Counselors from our regular Teacher's Pet programs. During the school year I also volunteer at a school for kids with emotional imparements and volunteer at my kids school a couple times a week.
Right now I am considering a job at the facility I work at as a Direct Care Staff Worker, if one should open up that would also allow me to keep doing what I'm doing with the kids and dogs. It will give me a chance to spend more time with the kids! I may also take some extra work at a local dog training/kennel facility. I'm praying they call back because we really need the extra money right now!
Bob, my husband, works as a Senior Project Engineer at GHSP. GHSP is doing pretty well right now. They have had to lay off a lot of people over the past six months and the ones left had to take a 20% pay cut. Bob has been told that they are done with the lay-offs and Bob survived (Thanks be to God!). He was even give the 20% back recently! He's happy there and gets along with everyone. His bosses really like his work and he gets lots of compliments. GHSP has really turned out to be a great place to work for!

We have three kids, Joey, Bobby, and Genesis and a dog named Lukas. I will post separate pages for them........

No comments:

Post a Comment