Saturday, June 13, 2009

Genesis......

Genesis is 5 years old already! She just finished Preschool and is starting Kindergarten in the fall. She loves school. She loves the work and loves making friends. She is one of those kids who finds the kids in the class that doesn't have anyone to play with and she plays with them and/or gets them to play in a group with other kids. Her teacher told me that Genesis was really good for some of the kids to have around. She pulled them out of their shells and helped them make friends. I got tears in my eyes when she told me that! Preschoolers don't get actual report cards but I was given a sheet where the kids got 1-4's in different skills. Genesis got all 1's which was for exceeding expectations. She was ready for Kindergarten this past year so I imagine she'll fly right through it next school year.






Genesis was on a soccer team with several friends from her preschool this spring with Daddy as the coach. They had a great time. No score keeping just lots of fun!
She has tried dance but didn't like it much, which surprised me since we dance at home everyday! I'm not sure what she'll try next. I think she's finished with soccer. She really just loves the socialization. Maybe gymnastics or karate? We'll see!

During the school year when I work at a school for emotional impaired students, Genesis goes there with me. I really think it has been a great experience for her. She not only has learned a lot about dogs and training but has also developed empathy and compassion. She's met a lot of kids with a lot of different problems!

Right now she says she wants to feed otters when she grows up! (Great Grandma will understand why she says this!)Maybe she'll be a Zoo Keeper?

No comments:

Post a Comment