Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday 6/15/2009

Today has been pretty uneventful. The kids played with some squirt guns this morning. We had some lunch and then we worked on learning about stress management and recognizing stress in dogs. I've decided to teach Joey and Bobby the same lessons I teach my kids in the Teacher's Pet program. I've decided to do this for a few different reasons. First reason, Joey needs it. He has Tourette Syndrome and lately it has started to get difficult for him to deal with. If he is relaxed and stress free he deals much better so I'm hoping going through my class he will learn some about himself and ways to deal with his own stress. Bobby has some pretty severe ADD and has no patience what so ever! Although he got almost all A's for the school year it was a difficult road. The nights he had homework were no fun! So I'm hoping Bobby will learn to keep his focus and more patience. Which really, couldn't we all use that?! I am also very interested in watching this transformation. I teach the classes and then the kids go back to where they came from someone else updates me on their progress. Working with Joey and Bobby will actually give me the opportunity to see it for myself and help MY kids at the same time! So, they did really well. This is a big step for Bobby since he really hasn't cared much for animals (i know, can you believe one of my children doesn't care much for animals?!). He's really excited about it too. Bobby will be working with our dog, Lukas, and Joey will be working with his grandmother's dog, Jazz. Joey will also be helping me train my cousin Kimberly's dog, Bailey. Bailey was abused by a woman and her child before Kimberly adopted him so this will be great therapy for Bailey also!

Tonight we're having grilled cheese and soup for dinner. I know, a little cheesy (pun intended) but Joey has soccer try-outs tonight so need something quick! Which reminds me, I should probably get started!!!

Oh, Joey needs to work on his reading this summer so if anyone has any good recommendations for an 11/12 year old please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Mom has a huge list of books for that age. I'll have to look it up but I have to ask her where on the computer it is. She's read and reviewed over 700 children's books. She's cccrrrrraaaaazy!

    ReplyDelete