At work today the kids washed their dogs! It was a really good time. I'll post some pics and videos on my work blog. We had to stop at about 2:30pm because of what looked to be a typical thunder storm. Turned out not to be just any old storm! I got on the road, M59 and Groesbeck area, and it started raining. By the time I reached Romeo Plank it was raining so hard I couldn't see thing! I had to pull over and parked in a hospital parking lot. It started to hail and then I swear I was suddenly in the middle of a tornado! There was debris and trees flying through the air! Transformers were blowing up everywhere. Trees and telephone poles were falling down. I called Meghan and she had the kids in the basement and didn't seem bothered at all by it. I waited a little while in the parking lot and got on the road as quickly as possible. I couldn't stand the thought of the kids being home in this storm without an adult. As I got on the road I couldn't believe the mess everywhere! The roads were flooded too. The closer I got to home the better the weather got and when I pulled in the driveway it stopped raining. The news said there were some tornadoes in some areas but haven't said yet where exactly. I'm pretty sure that was one. I've never seem anything like it! It was pretty scary. I love storms but I'll pass on being in another one that bad! I love the movie Wizard Of OZ but never had any intentions of trying to get to Oz. ;)
Kids were fine when I got home. We had another storm go through but not as bad. Fortunately for the kids out neighbors lawn, across the street, flooded so after dinner the Gen and Bobby put their suits on, grabbed a couple boogie boards, and headed for the water! They had a blast!
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Check out my "Teacher's Pet" blog tomorrow and I'll post some pics and videos of the kids bathing the dogs!
Thanks for reading! Have a great evening!
Wow! What a storm. Cute pictures of the kids!
ReplyDelete