Honey Suckle and Hostas

Front yard...Hostas, Honey Suckle, Lamb's Ear, Pianese

Our pond that Bob installed a couple years ago, it is probably going to get a make over this year, it seems to be sinking! Not good! We have several gold fish in it that Joey has won at carnivals. He is really quite good at that game!

This is in the center of our front yard. This has been challenging over the years trying to figure out what works here and what doesn't. We decided to just plant all kinds of things and see how it turns out. I love the "wild look", not tailored or patterned, just all kinds of stuff. Don't ask what we have here, I'm not very good with the names!




A beautiful Iris!

It's not in the best shape right now! I should be pulling weeds, not blogging! But everything is coming up wonderfully. We can already pick some lettuce and have been picking the Strawberries as they turn red and freezing them so we can have some Strawberry Shortcake!
This is our wild garden in the backyard. There are Ferns, Hostas, Trillium, and Columbine growing here and everything comes up every year. I don't even bother pulling weeds here.

Columbine
And last but not least......my Gerber Daises......

Forsythia, Gerberia Daises and Hostas....in a corner of the backyard.
Oh...and I can't forget what Genesis has been working on.....

I believe it is Sunflowers. I guess it'll be a surprise if I'm wrong! It is planted in a yogurt container wrapped with old wall paper and stickers.
So this isn't everything but it's a good start! To be continued.......
YEAH!
ReplyDeleteI love all your flowers. Especially the columbine. I have one too. Okay, it's past midnight so I have to go to bed. I'll read the rest of this tomorrow.
Beautiful flowers! You must have a huge backyard. I'm with you on the perennials. We try to plant very few annuals - why do the same work every year? May you have better luck with your veggie garden than we're having!
ReplyDelete