Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Today has been, and will continue to be, a super busy day. I won't have much time for posting now and absolutely none later, unless I decide to give an update in the middle of the night!
We started the day making LOTS of pancakes! We like pancakes around here so this morning I made about 40 of them and put them in the freezer. It's much easier to just pull them out and pop them in the microwave than making pancakes just about every morning. After breakfast Gen got a bath and played the Wii with Bobby. She is cleaning her room right now. Joey slept in till 11:45 this morning! He rarely ever sleeps like that so I just let him. He gets really stressed out sometimes due to the Tourettes Syndrome and has a hard time sleeping because of it, so any good sleep he can get is really good for him. He has soccer tryouts again this evening. The boys just finished up cleaning their room, I still need to inspect but trust they did a good job. Next I'll head in with the vaccuum We have a little bit of running around to do now, and then one of our babysitters will be arriving. Andrea has been babysitting the kids since Joey was just two months old! She is the mother of a friend of mine from when I was a kid. The kids love her dearly, she is like a 2nd mom to them. Unfortunately, we have had her babysit less and less over the past couple years because when I decided to stay home with the kids she had to go back to work full time. So every little chance we get to have her over we are very happy about it! Andrea and the kids will have a blast this afternoon!
I'll be off to work from about 2:30 to 5:30 and then take Joey to soccer and then head over to a co-workers house for a meeting. I always look forward to these meetings. A few of us get together, eat good food, have a glass of wine, and discuss the future of Teacher's Pet and figure out what we'll make happen next. Teacher's Pet is starting to get big now and we're getting a lot of requests from different facilities wanting to start a program. Right now only Amy and I are qualified to teach the classes so we can only handle four locations. We have a few others we are training right now but it's difficult to keep people on board since we can't afford to pay. If they'd just hang in there there will come a day when we can actually pay our employees! Please say a prayer for Teacher's Pet!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. How'd it go? I didn't realize Joey had TS. Another blogger friend has a daughter with TS and what an education that has been for me! There are so many misperceptions about it. Neat. I am so glad you started this blog!

    ReplyDelete